Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wikis

I love Wikipedia for all sorts of quick answers. Like last summer, when my book club was reading Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey" and the characters kept going to "the pump-room". What exactly is a "pump-room"??? Wikipedia to the rescue, complete with pictures and everything!

Or when I had to prove to my husband that "Big Yellow Taxi" (...they paved paradise and put up a parking lot) was written by Joni Mitchell, not Maria Muldair....

Or now that the movie "Julie & Julia" is out and KERA is showing episodes of Julia Child's TV show and I want to know a little more about Julia Child. (She really led an interesting life....)

I had never bothered with the other tabs before this 23 Things assignment. It is good to know about the grading system, and the discussions on the articles.

The WetPaint account was pretty easy to use. I was curious about the templates, but decided against checking them out. It was taking a long time to load pages just being plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment