Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Podcasting

I both loved and hated this "thing"! I got frustrated over the number of podcasts that required an RSS feed (what if I didn't want a subscription after listening?) or a download to your computer in order to listen, or worse yet, had a link on a webpage, but were no longer available to download or listen to. Very user unfriendly! Also, the more people involved in talking, the more problems with sound. Some conversations reminded me of my old undergrad days, where anyone could sign up for time on the college radio station and talk about anything, whether the topic was of interest to listeners or not.

On the other hand, kudos to those libraries out there that recorded and archived author visits, book reviews, and book talks with embedded players, that all you had to do was click on a link and listen. I was mesmerized by a program by Laurie Halse Anderson, and had to go back to my library and check out one of her books, even though the program was an hour long!

No comments:

Post a Comment