Friday, August 28, 2009

Reflection

Some of the other participants in this North Texas 23 Things Round-up made the comment that this was like taking a graduate level course without the pressure of writing papers. I would wholeheartedly agree! I confess that I was even a participant largely due to the fact that I am a distance SLIS student at UNT and had to take the summer off, so, in a sense, this was my graduate level course this summer.

The things I enjoyed the most (and will continue to use) are Facebook, Googlereader, and Delicious. It is weird that, even though I had my Facebook account set up a year or two ago, it really took off this summer, reconnecting me with old friends. I got totally addicted to Farkle, along with my sister and her friends. I will have to study more on using Facebook to promote libraries and my author friends.

A pleasant by-product of learning all this new technology this summer is simply the empowerment one feels when conquering new territory. It has made me more confident in other areas of my life and more willing to take on challenges. Change does not always have to be scary. Change can be cool and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment