Sunday, July 26, 2009

Digg

I found Digg to be quite an eccletic mix of news articles, images and videos. I thought that it would be more serious and intellectual than it was. Still, I found an article about the world's largest cave interesting, and I was totally sidetracked by the article "Ukeleles Have Gone Viral" when I clicked on the YouTube video of Jake Shimabukuro playing George Harrison's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Who knew that a ukulele could be that awesome?! After checking out a couple more videos ("Crazy G" and "Thriller" yes, on the uke) I returned to the homepage and was saddened that "Ukeleles Have Gone Viral" dropped down the page because it had fewer "diggs" than a video of a turtle having an orgasm or John Madden's 2009 football predictions. That the site continues to evolve that quickly (this had all happened in the course of about 40 minutes) made me wonder at the legitimacy of the information. Overall, as a library tool, I would probably stick to safer bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment